From 1905 to 1973, Crystal Palace FC nickname was the “Glaziers”. The name of the club originates from Victorian-style Crystal Palace building in south London. Not only club is called Crystal Palace, but whole area in southern London carries the same name.
The palace after which the club got its name was destroyed in the fire in 1936.From the 70’s until today, the club has been known as the Eagles. They put eagle holding a ball on the logo inspired by Portuguese club Benfica.
Since then Crystal Palace supporters carry simple nickname – The Eagles.
Today, the club is using an image of American bald eagle called Kayla as the club mascot.
Trained Kayla eagle is flying from one end of the stadium to the other at every home game Crystal Palace plays.
VIDEO: Kayla the Eagle Story (3:17 Minutes)
Crystal Palace football club was founded in 1905 they got a lot of help from Aston Villa players, and even their jerseys were claret and blue – Crystal Palace team got their first kits from friends in Aston Villa.
Later they had various jerseys, during a period of time they were wearing all white jersey because of Real Madrid (Crystal Palace played a friendly match against Real Madrid in 1962). Obviously they were so delighted that in 1964 they started to weal all-white, just like Real).
In 1973 the team adopted blue and red as club’s colours and they wear them ever since.